72 °
    75 °
    78 °
    80 °
    81 °
    82 °
    82 °
    82 °
    80 °
    78 °
    75 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    66 °
    65 °
    65 °
    65 °
    67 °
    69 °
    72 °
April 29
83°/ 63°
Sunny
April 30
84°/ 64°
Sunny
83°/ 70°

Cowboys lose to Packers yet again

Dallas goes down in flames against Green Bay in first round of playoffs
Photo/Associated Press
Quarterback Dak Prescott is tackled by Green Bay cornerback Keisean Nixon during the first half.

The Dallas Cowboys have a repeating history making it to the NFL playoffs, just not finishing strong and making it to the Super Bowl. For the second time in three seasons the Dallas Cowboys were the only team in the NFL to lose in their home stadium. You guessed it, against the Green Bay Packers.

On Jan. 14, the Cowboys came running out of the AT&T Stadium tunnel for their wild card game against rival the Green Bay Packers. It was must-see game that weekend.

In the first half, however, the Packers set the pace, scoring their first touchdown by running back Aaron Jones in the first seven minutes.

The Packers showed their best and scored three back-to-back touchdowns by Jones, wide receiver Dontayvion Wicks and a pick-6 interception by safety Darnell Savage. The Cowboys’ tight end Jake Ferguson took one for the team and scored the only Dallas touchdown in the first half. At the half, the Packers headed for the locker room leading 27 to 7.

As the third quarter began, place-kicker Brandon Aubrey gave the Cowboys a little push by scoring a field goal. The Packers were not letting up, however. Jones pushed his way over the goal line for another touchdown and tight end Luke Musgrave finished the third quarter with an ultimate touchdown on a 38 yard pass.

Running back Tony Pollard was able to lift the team and Cowboy fans with a touchdown. But the third quarter ended with the Packers leading 41 to 16, with many fans doubting the Cowboys.

The packers scored a final touchdown by wide receiver Romeo Doubs, making it 48-32, but only after Ferguson gave a show, scoring two touchdowns almost back-to-back.

The Cowboys season came to an abrupt and, for many, an unexpected premature end on Jan. 14, which disappointed many fans across the nation once again. Hopefully, the team can come back from this terrible loss when next season kicks off in the fall.