70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    72 °
    75 °
    77 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    79 °
    77 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    70 °
    68 °
April 27
82°/ 68°
Moderate rain
April 28
79°/ 64°
Moderate rain
April 29
87°/ 63°
Sunny

Are you scared of the DART?

Part 2: Tales from the DART-ness

This is Part 2 of Reyes’ Are You Afraid of the DART series.

I’m back with more – a series of three short stories about what happened to me while riding on DART.

A green line DART rail train travels from North Carrollton to the Fair Park stop. (Staff Photo/Aislyn Smith)

This story takes place in Pearl Arts District when I was 17. The day was long and at this point I was just kinda over things. When I left the train I was stopped by a guy right outside the train station. I’m not gonna lie when I say Dallas is the safest, especially around the train stations.
The guy asked if I had any spare change and I told him the truth. “Nah, all my money is in the bank.” He later got confrontational. I pulled out my wallet, and I kid you not, a piece of lint fell out. I had nothing.
He later looked at my necklace and asked to have it and at this point I felt more sad for this guy because he’s still not giving up so I gave him my necklace to get him to leave and he did. Little does he know it’s fake gold and possibly worth like $5.
This second story is pretty recent. On my way downtown to take photos for the paper I was minding my own business as usual. Nothing much was happening until I noticed the guy sitting across from me on the train wasn’t actually asleep.
It took me a second to notice but he was muttering things to himself and later at times he would move his arms around. Things started to get weirder.
Later on he started jumping the car I was in. Of course I didn’t do anything about it and I just ignored it. He was later detained by the police and taken out of the car.
This final story isn’t really a horror or weird story, more like something I want to rant about. If you’ve got a GoPass you most likely use the GoPass app as a way to access your DART pass.
The app shows when the buses should arrive. It’s not always accurate but most of the time it’s pretty spot on. If you’re like me you have a tight schedule and you’ve got to be on time. If the bus is delayed it’ll show you and it’s the same when it’s early.
Now explain to me why whenever it says it’s early by two minutes that even when I arrive it never shows up? I later find out that it passed by seven minutes earlier. This is just me being a hater but still it kind of annoys me that at times the inaccuracies can seriously mess up people’s schedules.
The only real lesson here is to get to the bus stop maybe like five minutes earlier. If not you could end up like me, missing class.