T-Duck volleyball under new coaching

Grace Wells takes over as head coach

Tomy Arguelles, Staff Writer

New Richland volleyball coach Grace Wells. (Staff Photo/Blanca Reyes)

Richland Campus of Dallas College has a new head volleyball coach for the upcoming season that starts August 1. Grace Wells was born in Beijing, China and lived there for 20 years. Coach Wells is a former professional volleyball player in her country. She competed in the USA, Australia, Poland, North Korea and France. She was selected to play on the national team after seven years of experience as a player.

Wells coached the volleyball team of Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips CISD for the past two years, and prior to that, she had one year of experience as head volleyball coach at Borger High School.

Wells is currently recruiting volleyball players within the Metroplex. Four of them have already been selected. She expects to find 12 to 14 more players to complete the team. On March, 20 players from Alaska, Utah, Arkansas, Colorado, California and Arizona were expected at press time to be present here in Dallas to attend a tryout.

“I am so excited and honored to be part of the Dallas College system, I am look- ing forward to building a strong volleyball program in the school. The goal will be to win the championship, but can we go there? I don ́t know, we ́ll do what we can to try,” Wells said.