71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    68 °
    68 °
    69 °
    69 °
    69 °
    69 °
    69 °
    70 °
    71 °
    73 °
    75 °
    77 °
    79 °
    79 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    77 °
    76 °
    75 °
    73 °
April 26
78°/ 69°
Moderate rain
April 27
81°/ 68°
Moderate rain
April 28
79°/ 65°
Moderate rain

Love on the Run marathon

Running on the power of love
From the City of Irving’s Love on the Run event advertising.

To all couples, rivals, friends and friends of friends, if you are in search of something to get your Valentine’s heart racing this February, search the City of Irving for its annual Love on the Run half-marathon event on Feb. 17.
Everyone is welcome on the course whether you are a runner, walker, dog or a baby in a stroller. Lazaro Alvarez, co-founder of the Irving marathon running series said, “It’s an effort to make different events that are fun for the community year-round.”
With a unique course and theme, Love on the Run becomes a popular attraction for Irving this Valentine’s season. The events available for participants include 5k, 10k, and the half-marathon.
There is a registration fee, which increases with the increasing event distances. This registration fee allows participants to claim a race day shirt, a race bib that records event times, a custom finisher medal to remember the date, free professional on-course race photos and many other perks.
To obtain your race shirt and bib you must pick up your packet the day before the event, for those who register, packet pickup will be Feb. 16 at Texas Lottery Plaza in Las Colinas.
The event will take place in the same location. Anyone not participating in the course can be a spectator and cheer on participants on the sidelines. All who attend the event may take part in complimentary goods from sponsor and vendor tents such as coupons, samples and other promotional items. Local musicians and performers are scheduled to be present on the day of the run to keep the energy going after participants finish their event.
Volunteer opportunities are available to manage hydration stations along the course to help runners, walkers and their dogs. Volunteers are also needed for the setup and tear down of the course when the event is over.
There are many ways to take part in Love on the Run in Irving. To register or learn more about Love on the Run, visit: www.irvingmarathon.com.