77 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    73 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    66 °
    66 °
    65 °
    66 °
    68 °
    70 °
    73 °
    76 °
    79 °
    81 °
    83 °
    83 °
    83 °
April 28
79°/ 67°
Heavy rain
April 29
84°/ 65°
Sunny
April 30
80°/ 66°

A warm Thunderduck welcome back for students

Staff Photo/Aislyn Smith
Part of the 2024 spring Welcome Back Bash, hosted by the Office of Student Life and Engagement.

As students are returning to campus for the Spring 2024 semester, the Office of Student Life and Engagement, along with other Richland organizations, are working together to run events and activities, to welcome students back. The activities, food and fun are all free, so make sure to think about stopping by when class gets out.
The first event is going to be the Welcome Back Bash on Jan.23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Students can hang out in El Paso Lounge and listen to music, participate in activities, eat food and explore the different organizations and tables set up in the area. This event is a great way to become introduced to the spirit of Richland, and possibly even a way to meet someone new.
The second event is going to be the Resource Fair, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Jan. 25. Clubs, organizations and even schools can set up booths in the El Paso Student Lounge. Students can stop by in their free time to learn and meet people who can help students get more connected. Extracurriculars are highly recommended for students and this event is a perfect way to see what options are available.
The third event is the Club Expo, aka The RSO Expo, or Registered Student Organization Expo. This event will be taking place in the El Paso Student Lounge as well and will be running from Jan. 31 to Feb. 1, beginning at 11 a.m. and ending at 1 p.m. This event is like the Resource Fair. However, it will only have official clubs and organizations registered through the Office of Student Life and Engagement, so it makes for a good way to see which groups are active in the Richland community. Students can also get information at this event, such as how they can get more active in the community and what other events could be happening soon.
But if you can’t make it to these events, don’t worry. The Office of Student Life and Engagement has its doors open for students to stop by and learn about clubs, organizations, events and other fun activities that are planned. Simply head over to El Paso Hall, their office is located in E040.