78 °
    80 °
    82 °
    83 °
    83 °
    83 °
    81 °
    79 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    70 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    70 °
    70 °
    71 °
    73 °
    76 °
April 30
84°/ 64°
81°/ 69°
81°/ 66°
Heavy rain

Mavs off to a fiery start

It’s a strong start for The Dallas Mavericks this season. At press time they are second in the Western Conference of the NBA.
Although it is the start of a new season, the Mavs have had their strongest start in two decades.

Doncic reacts to a foul called against him. (Photo/Associated Press)

With highly intense games and just two losses against the Denver Nuggets and the Toronto Raptors, the Mavs are on track.
Rookie Dereck Lively II is only 19 and he’s already scored 63 points, having only been absent for one game this season.
Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving came in a clutch for Dallas as they have collected a total of 374 points so far this season, with Doncic leading the way when Irving is out of the lineup.
This just sets the tone for the 2023 season. After the second loss of the season on Nov. 8, Head coach Jason Kidd gave out a humbling message to the guys. The team had pulled off 72 points against the Raptors. Irving said, “When you have your head coach calling you soft, you got to take that personally and take that as a challenge.”
In comparison to last season, the Mavs ended in 11th place.
Although that record is good for the current season, it does not define how they play for their basketball brand just yet.
Having continuous back-to-back wins is great, but it could also be slightly concerning that Dallas continues to find themselves down double digits at times.
With the big three players for Dallas, Derrick Lively, Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving, it can be a game changer for the NBA. It is a long season and numbers are sure to change over time.
There are too many improvements that the Mavs have ahead of them.
Dallas has just recently started its in-season tournament games, which will all take place in November.
Depending on how the Mavs roll their way into these next couple of games will determine if they finish in finals for the tournament.