70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    72 °
    75 °
    77 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    79 °
    77 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    70 °
April 27
82°/ 68°
Moderate rain
April 28
79°/ 64°
Moderate rain
April 29
87°/ 63°
Sunny

Take us out to the ballgame

Rangers back in the World Series after a 12 year absence
Photo/Associated Press
Rangers celebrate beating the Houston Astros in game seven of the ALCS, advancing to their first World Series in 12 years.

It finally happened! After 12 long years the Texas Rangers are back in the World Series. The Rangers faced off against the defending World Series champions Houston Astros in one of the most exciting baseball series, which had even non-baseball fans at the edge of their seats for the entire time.

The series went the entire 7 games in which the home team did not win a single matchup, making it a bizarre series.

The Rangers came in white hot before facing the Astros, winning the wild card series 2-0 against the Tampa Bay Rays, and then smoking the Baltimore Orioles 3-0 in the division series. Their biggest challenge came after the Orioles, where they encountered the powerhouse Astros who were heavy favorites to win this matchup.

After the first game, however, the Rangers made it clear they were not going to be an easy win for the Houston.

The first two games went in favor of the Rangers with a 2-0 lead in the first game, and a 5-4 win in the second.

Many fans thought this meant the Rangers could continue on their quest of sweeping all of their opponents before their return to the World Series, but three wins in a row for the Astros put the Rangers in dangerous territory.

Both sides returned to Houston to face off against each other on Oct. 22, where the Rangers slaughtered the Astros 9-2, giving them the momentum needed to close the series off the following day.
As game seven approached, most people predicted the Astros would win and continue on their campaign to defend the title.

However, the Rangers jumped to an early 3-1 lead in the first inning and did not look back. Right fielder Adolis Garcia led the charge with two home runs, followed by shortstop Corey Seager blasting another home run.

This Rangers team is extremely exciting, giving many fans around the league hope for the Arlington-based team to bring in their first championship in franchise history.

At press time, the Rangers were scheduled to host the Arizona Diamondbacks on Oct. 27 in Game 1 as they continue on their quest to claim their first World Series title. It’s sure to be an extremely exciting finale to the MLB season.